With the appreciation of the Pakistani Rupee, all car companies except Hyundai and KIA decreased their prices. Audi Pakistan, Pakistan’s leading electric car manufacturer, didn’t follow this trend. It increased its Audi e-Tron Prices model.
The price of Audi’s e-Tron cars has gone up massively. And notably, the cost of most models has doubled since last year.
New Audi E-Tron’s Prices
The price of the e-Tron has been increased by as much as 30 percent. Some sources also claim that this hike is due to rising costs associated with importing components from other countries.
- The new price of e-Tron 50 is Rs. 32,450,000 compared to the earlier cost of 20,850,000—a difference of 1160000000.
- Meanwhile, the e-Tron 55 will be available for Rs. 38,000,000 (up from the earlier rate of Rs. 24,250,000).
- The e-Tron SB’s price has increased from Rs. 23 million to 36 million—an increase of 13.5 crore Rupees (1,350,000 $).
- The new price of the e-Tron GT is 48,325,000 compared to its old price of Rs. 30,800,000—meaning that it has gone up by 172520002.
- Finally, the company has announced a massive jump of 24.6 million rupees in the price of its e-Tron GT model: now costing Rs. 68 million, up from 43.4 million earlier this year; the vehicle is clearly for those with deep pockets!
New Price Hikes?
The rapid increase in the value of the Rupee has made it difficult for automakers to plan production and sales, affecting consumers by making imported cars more expensive. As the issue of bad loans at state-owned banks nears a resolution, and with no new strategies for mitigating further damage to Pakistan’s economy from Rupee volatility.
If the Rupee continues its downward slide, prices will rise.
What do you think of the substantial increase in e-Tron prices? Share your opinion with us in the comment section.